FEA –Retired members support all educators on important retirement and health issues. Members sponsor informational forums, and get out the vote activities. FEA-Retired members actively lobby the Florida Legislature on important issues to you now and in the future.
FEA-Retired provides grants to classroom teachers to enhance their programs across the State. With active local chapters throughout Florida, FEA – Retired welcomes all retirees to their rapidly growing organization.
If you are retiring next year, you can join us as a Pre-Retired life member at any time before retirement and never have to worry about joining after you retire.
Together, we can accomplish more!
- Stay connected with fellow Leon Classroom Teacher Association, National Education Association and American Federation of Teachers members and programs
- Engage in opportunities to share your expertise by volunteering and mentoring
- Benefit from NEA’s and AFT’s political and legislative efforts to protect your retirement resources and advocating for public education
- Receive subscriptions to NEA and AFT retiree magazines: This Active Life, and AFT Education, along with access to AFT and NEA web sites, and the FEA Retired newsletter, The Advocate
A variety of member benefits, such as:
- insurance programs
- credit programs
- loan and mortgage programs
- deposit savings accounts
- investment programs
- tools and resources for retired members
Your Statewide Network welcomes you!
The Leon Classroom Teachers Association is fortunate to join up with several education and labor unions that offer many benefits to its members. Please check out these sites and start reaping the rewards of what your national and state affiliates have to offer. Remember that membership has its privileges. Looking for lesson plans, the latest education news even grant opportunities? Here is a good place to start.
They have member benefits too!
The FEA-Retired program consists of chapters and direct members from across the state. Current active chapters include Brevard, Broward, Dade, Duval, Flagler, Gulf Coast, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Leon, Orange, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, Volusia, and Washington/Holmes, Okaloosa, St.Lucie, St.Johns, Alachua, Marion, Lee, Osceola, and UFF. Find your district leader.