Both teams met on Thursday, August 9, 2018 for our first session of the 2018-2019 school year. We discussed, in general terms, what issues may be brought to the table for future contract negotiations.
- Compensation, teacher raises, not bonuses is the priority for LCTA
- Annual contract teacher protections
- Teacher evaluation
- ESE needs
- Protecting teacher’s planning time
- Rising cost of health insurance, and
- Discipline consistency and support
- Beginning Teacher Pay
- New Teacher Credit on the Placement Schedule (Leap Frog)
- Addressing supplement pay for teachers on leave and mentor teachers
- Lively Certification
- Benefits, and
- Some form of teacher compensation
Future meetings will be planned for August and September and members of the bargaining unit will be notified via school email. Details will be shared soon.
Thank you to the members and potential members who showed up and supported the LCTA Bargaining Team, being visible and engaging in the process makes a difference. Encourage others to voice their concerns with policymakers and show up to future meetings.
HB 7055 Impact
If we do not increase our membership to the 50% threshold, next year’s contract negotiation could be without LCTA’s input and all or portions of the condition could be voided. Contact your LCTA Building Rep to learn more about future negotiations and how you can assist in advocating for the resources you need to be successful in the with students and at home.